- Thank the person who nominated you & link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate eleven new blogs to receive the award & ask them eleven new questions
- list the rules & display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
1. Why did you start a book blog?
In a way, I started this blog to challenge myself and as a learning opportunity. Writing book reviews helps me to figure out why exactly I enjoyed or disliked a book, so I decided to create my own space to share them with others. Of course, another essential reason was to be part of the book blogging community – thereby finding like-minded bookworms to talk about literature with 🙂
2. Which country do you want to visit the most and why?
Oh, wow. That is almost as hard to answer as ‘What is your favorite book?’. I really cannot decide – there are so many countries that are all equally fascinating and awesome. I want to visit ALL the countries!
3. What is your favorite weather to read in?
I like reading outside in the sun. But curling up with a book in front of the fire with a coffee in winter is equally great!
4. What is your favorite food?
Italian. Pizza. Pasta. Pesto alla genovese. Everything. 😀 I’m also a fan of chicken.
5. What is your biggest blogging accomplishment?
Phew, I mean my blog is still very young. I feel like my biggest accomplishment in regards to the blog is just continuing to work on and growing it. It doesn’t matter so much how many followers I have – what matters most to me is sticking with it, for myself. Being committed to it and renewing that commitment every day.
6. What is your favorite book series?
I guess there’s only one appropriate answer to this – Harry Potter. Then again, Pippi Longstocking is actually a series as well. And Pippi is awesome and my childhood hero and she was there long before Harry, so…
7. If you were stranded on a desert island, what one thing would you take with you?
Uh… can I take my boyfriend? Company would be nice if I can’t take a boat.
8. What is your favorite book genre?
I think I don’t really have a favorite. I just read whatever interests me. I love the classics though.
9. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
I love to watch Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta if that counts 😀
10. What is your favorite childhood book?
See above – Pippi Longstocking. And Harry Potter although Pippi still came first 😉
11. If you could be any character from a book, who would you be and why?
Hermione Granger – because she has a tiny bag that fits LOADS of books. And because being able to perform magic in general would be awesome.Of course there’s also the fact that she has awesome friends and gets to marry her best friend eventually.
- Do yo own an ebook reader or do you exclusively read physical copies?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Is there a book you were required to read for school and enjoyed?
- How long has your blog been online?
- Is there any movie that you enjoyed more than the book it was based on?
- Are you participating in any weekly memes? Which ones?
- What was/is your favorite subject in school/your favorite class in college?
- Are there any books you own several copies of? Which book do you own the most copies of?
- Do you prefer coffee or tea?
- If you had to get a tattoo of a quote from any book, what would it be?
- What typically attracts you to a book at first? The cover? The title? The author?
And the award goes to…